Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Uh oh...here we go again.

So...I found ANOTHER personality test, the Enneagram 9 Types (http://www.9types.com/), and I am a number 7. Does my love of personality tests make me obsessed with self? Or just interested in being self-knowledgable? I must admit this is pretty right on. I bolded the ones that hit the nail on the head (aka, all of them).

Type 7: Adventurers are energetic, lively, and optimistic. They want to contribute to the world.

How to Get Along with Me:

Give me companionship, affection, and freedom.
Engage with me in stimulating conversation and laughter.
Appreciate my grand visions and listen to my stories.
Don't try to change my style. Accept me the way I am.
Be responsible for youself. I dislike clingy or needy people.
Don't tell me what to do.

What I Like About Being a Seven:

being optimistic and not letting life's troubles get me down
being spontaneous and free-spirited
being outspoken and outrageous. It's part of the fun.
being generous and trying to make the world a better place
having the guts to take risks and to try exciting adventures
having such varied interests and abilities

What's Hard About Being a Seven:

not having enough time to do all the things I want
not completing things I start
not being able to profit from the benefits that come from specializing; not making a commitment to a career
having a tendency to be ungrounded; getting lost in plans or fantasies
feeling confined when I'm in a one-to-one relationship

3 comments:

Ryan said...

oh snap! look at you!:
Opportunistic Idealism (Ennea-Type VII)

Gluttony, Fraudulence and Narcissism
Trait Structure
Gluttony
Hedonistic Permissiveness
Rebelliousness
Lack of Discipline
Imaginary Wish Fulfillment
Seductive Pleasingness
Narcissism
Persuasiveness
Fraudulence

Unknown said...

I scored equally high on one and seven. And I got a "0" points for a peacemaker. oops.

Dawn Gail said...

Your "Self awareness" is one of the things that makes you who you are! I think it's great!