Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Duke!

I got a call from the Duke Divinity Admissions about a month ago with the news that I've been accepted into DD's MDiv program for next year. This is exciting! I was reading an old post I made in August of 2006 when I first decided I wanted to go to seminary. Looks like I've had about 16 months to mull it over and my desire to be in school next year has not waned.

I told Terrence yesterday that, in all likelihood, I will be ending my time in l'Arche sometime at the end of May. I have high hopes for the summer months - visiting friends around the US and Dave (wherever he may be), going on a trip with my dad, relaxing.

Now, I hope to strike that delicate balance between planning for the future (Where am I going to live? How am I going to pay?) and remaining rooted in the present by really living my last months here well. We'll see how it goes.

Go Blue Devils!
Long live l'Arche.

No comments: