Thursday, September 27, 2007

I'm not sure how else to put this but...

today, Terrence and I were on the front porch talking business, until something in the road caught his eye: running towards us was....a flock of squirrels. It was a strange, almost transcendent experience, seeing these 5 grey squirrels, 4 were babies, running towards us. I wasn't sure whether to run into the house screaming, or allow them to fashion a dress for me for the upcoming ball (that was a Cinderella reference). When the mother jumped, her babies would jump. When she waved her tail about, so would her babies. When she crawled up the tree trunk, her babies followed her, one by one, so we could see this spiral of squirrels winding up the tree. And there they stayed. I waited for them to come down and do some other awe-inspiring, synchronized act. But they stayed in the tree, where their mother scolded them for running in front of cars. I've seen ducklings paddling closely behind their mother. But never squirrels. It was truly awesome.

1 comment:

James said...

Remeber that time we were driving to lauras house in your car and we kept running over squirrels? Good times