Friday, February 02, 2007

In opposition to the recent VA law...

I referred to the recent VA law regarding the withholding of funds for non-profit groups that provide services to undocumented folks. More or less, these non-profits provide services to anyone in need, regardless of documentation (imagine: someone comes to a free clinic with a gushing wound, near death, and the doctor must search him for proper US documentation first. If no documentation found, the doctor can't treat him! Cruel? Yes...) This is f'ing messed up. Do you know how many times I've entered countries without proper documentation? I've been an illegal alien in various places around the world....my visa expired several months into my stay in Uganda....I didn't even get a visa for Romania because it was too much of a hassle. I was there, for all intents and purposes, illegally. Anyway, we are becoming neo-fascists. The movie, Children of Men, is quite prophetic in its portrayal of a near-future Europe that has come to demonize foreigners, forcing them into camps that closely resemble the Jewish ghettos during WWII. Anyway, the below link allows individuals to contact their senators regarding this atrocious law. I encourage all to take a stance.

http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/LAJC/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=6550&t=VJC.

No comments: