Thursday, July 13, 2006

Searching for grad programs...

I've begun the Great Search for graduate programs. At this point, a Masters in Social Work is the best option, as my advanced standing from Gordon will allow me to do it in much less than 2 years. And there are several great programs out there that offer an MSW with a concentration in international/community development. I have also looked at some sociology programs, as well.

I'll be updating this later, but so far, I have sent away for information from:
  • -Boston College (international MSW)
  • -Washington University, St Louis (international com. dev. MSW)
  • -Columbia University (MSW)
  • -Portland State University (MSW)
  • -Boston University (MSW, MA in Sociology of Religion)
  • -University of Wisconsin, Madison (MSW, MA in Sociology)
  • -University of Denver (MA in International Dev, international MSW)
  • -Brandeis University (MA in Sustainable Dev.)
  • -University of Michigan (MSW)
  • -University of California, Berkeley (MSW)
As one can see, I have hardly narrowed down my choices. I'm an ENFP...I love choices. It is my hope to enter into a program next Fall (2007) or January, depending on if I can get my act together or not. Most of these programs do not require the GRE, but it would be wise for me to take it, nonetheless.

Those are my thoughts-o-the-future for now. This list is by no means finalized.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,

Those are all good programs! I know that University of Washington is well known for having an international program. And of course, I have to advocate for Univeristy of Denver! Let me know if you want to talk more about the whole process....

Anonymous said...

ok, i know that post is uber old, and stuff, but just for the record, Madison is the coolest town in the Midwest (Deulth might be able to compete). Plus... if you went to Madison we'd only be a few hours apart!